Monday, December 6, 2010

Favorites

My favorite thing about this class was the concept of blogging. I have kept a journal in the past, but I had never written a blog before. Compared to sending in documents of my homework to my teachers via email, blogging made doing and discussing the homework more casual. I liked how I was able to freely express my thoughts on a blog without having a rubric surfacing in my mind pointing out errors in punctuation marks or slight grammar mistakes. The goal was to just answer the question in my own way and to prove that I understood the material. It made the idea of homework feel less uptight.

Although I enjoyed the assignments for the group work, I hoped that even though this is an online class that it would be simple to have sufficient communication with group members. It's not as easy to meet up as a group or get a hold of a group member like it is when there is a class setting, since the convenience of seeing your classmates at least once a week is not applicable. In the end though, I learned more about working in a group when being in an online class and how clear communication and punctuality is needed in order to successfully fulfill an assignment.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I agree with your post that I found it nice to be blogging our thoughts that didn't go by a rubric. This is what I liked to that we had the chance to express ourselves and answer the questions the way we had wanted to. And the given the chance to comment on the insights of what other people had written was helpful because it made us look at what other people had written and possibly helped us understand the concept more. I agree that it was hard to meet up with group members. And communication with each other was difficult but these groups did help me obtain group skills that other group projects wouldn't have since our class was learning about group communication in the other book. Well nice blog and good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it was really difficult to communicate with my group. I thought it was sort of ironic due to the fact that this is an online class but we ended up meeting up in person anyway. We tried to communicate through aol instant messenger, internet, and text but it was very difficult because of the amount of information we were talking about. Meeting with my group in person made things much easier and we got along really well. And it was also nice to put a face to the screen name I was talking to. And my group is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete