Monday, November 8, 2010

Casual Reasoning

I chose to research the concept of casual reasoning a bit further. At first, the meaning of casual reasoning as "the idea that any cause leads to a certain effect, and is an example of inductive reasoning," was still a bit unclear in my understanding.

So I went to look up other websites that explained casual reasoning more in a much simpler way and using examples to back up their explanation. I read how scientists use casual reasoning as a way to determine hypotheses. Along with this, are "five methods of using causal reasoning to determine what causes a certain effect," which was formed by John Mill.


These five methods are as follow:
  1. The Method of Agreement
  2. The Method of Difference
  3. Agreement and Difference
  4. Concomitant Variation
  5. The Method of Residues



Here are is an example of casual reasoning that I thought of:

EX) Rick was singing a soprano last night at a concert. This morning, he could barely speak to me.


I have provided the link I found below:

http://faculty.uncfsu.edu/jyoung/causal_arguments.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment